and has been for 30 years!
This spring marks 30 years since the founding of Journey Community Church and God has been faithful every step of the way. We want to celebrate God’s work at Journey together in a BIG way and we need your help! We have heard you tell us story after story of God’s work in your lives, and we want you to share it with the church.
Below you will find a link to submit your 60 second God stories to be shared on our website and social media, and we want you, yes YOU, to submit yours.
We know what you’re thinking and…
Yes, you DO have a story because God is always at work in your life.
Yes, you CAN submit more than one video since you’ve got so many to share.
Yes, it CAN be from 24 years ago or 24 hours ago, we want them ALL!
Yes, you WILL make mistakes and need multiple takes. Let yourself be human, and then send us your best take.
Yes, others WILL submit theirs but we NEED yours, because there is no such thing as a “boring work of God.”
You will also find an instructional video and some helpful tips for recording your own video below. The church should be the best at telling God stories so that the world knows our God is real and actively transforming lives, so be a part of that and submit your video today.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR FILMING
- Film horizontal, not vertical. Meaning, if your phone is straight up and down, turn it on it’s side.
- Have your phone about arms length away, whether you are holding it or have it mounted or resting on something.
- Film inside by a window. Inside because it can be too noisy outside (even when you think it’s quiet), and by a window so the lighting is good.
- Look at the camera, not your own face!
- Try to have your eyes located two thirds from the bottom of the shot.
- If you can, change your setting to HD and 30. No need to know what that means, and if you can’t find that then don’t worry about it!
- Keep it to 60 seconds.
- Take your time and film as many takes as needed until you feel it’s right.
Make it PERSONAL, SPECIFIC, and JESUS-FOCUSED.
– INTRODUCE YOURSELF:
Hi, name is…
– TELL US YOUR THESIS/WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT:
…and God did ______ through Journey. (…and God saved my life and gave me hope at Journey.)
– GIVE US A THREE SENTENCE MOVIE SYNOPSIS:
I didn’t grow up Christian and wasn’t interested at all, but I met a coworker during a season of my life that included a lot of medical and familial suffering. I came to Journey with my coworker and experienced God when He told me through the message that I am precious to him. I gave my life to Him a month later, and since then I have felt valuable every day, and even when life gets hard and I experience suffering again, I have hope and strength because I know Jesus is with me and comforting me.
– SUMMARY STATEMENT (if you need one):
I am so thankful for God’s love for me and that Journey is a place I can call home.