We closed out what a lot of people thought was a great series. There were lots of people saying to me that God was really stirring them up in the midst of this series. This last weekend had so many good moments. Here are a few of my thoughts & a few highlights:
• I am never a good judge of how a message goes, but I love dealing w/ the book of Acts & I love Acts 16. It is so human, so relatable & such a great case study in living more dangerously.
• HEAVEN – I felt a leading for about 10 days that something about heaven was supposed to go in the message. Honestly, I preached the whole message just to get to this point. I had to consciously concentrate on holding it together when I was reading section for The Last Battle. I don’t think we talk about this enough.
• BTW – if you have not read the Chronicles of Narnia series, especially the last battle, you need to…NOW! Don’t judge it at all by the movies that came out. I didn’t like the movies, but LOVE the books.
• POWERFUL VIDEO – I loved the video that Dan Stevers put together for the series. Powerful. It reminds me of hymn – And Can it Be (a.k.a. Amazing Love) by Charles Wesley.
• FANTASTIC MUSIC SET – Wow! Worship was great! Beauty of the Still along w/ Mike Clark’s story was very cool.
• Then our band ROCKED that song Believe by the Bravery.
* Rod actually went a week with OUT insulting the crowd:
• Unlike most people I want to someone’s house to a Super Bowl party. Amazing game! I will post some thoughts on it later this week. I have to get this out: why the heck do you not review that last play.
NEXT WEEK – JOURNEY UP 2.0!