I get to hear a lot of cool stuff about what God is doing in our midst. One area in which the Holy Spirit is clearly stirring is in COMMUNITY IMPACT. There is s serving revolution going on (serv-o-lution?)
Here’s an email from one of off the chart leaders – Jennevieve!
Hello FCB Team!
We are so thankful to everyone on the team who has brought food and volunteered! The Food Bank is well stocked and organized and ready for our first distribution. Following is an update on the exciting things happening with the Food and Clothing Bank:
Food and Clothing Drive Summaries
• We received 2100 food items and over 85 large bags of clothes from the first drive in April – thank you Journey!
• We received 600 food items and 25 bags of clothes at our second drive in May.
• We will be having regular food and clothing drives the 2nd weekend of every month to keep the FCB stocked and running.
• We will be starting food drives at places of business as well as neighborhood food drives in the future to supplement what we receive from Journey donations.
Other Updates and Interesting Statistics
• We estimate a total of 300 volunteer man-hours and 200 loads of laundry went into the FCB in March and April. Thank you team!!!
• We are going to open our doors for the first distribution on Saturday May 21st at 8:30 AM. We are gathering the teams and making the necessary plans to make sure our guests experience the love of Jesus and the love of Journey while they are at the FCB.
• We have been accepted as a partner with Feeding America – a major local food bank. This gives us access to more food at very low costs, as well as some free fresh foods items.
• We will be having an open house soon – so all of Journey can come and see the Food and Clothing Bank space and learn more about what we are doing.
What we need from you
• Remember the food drive the 2nd weekend of every month – bring in your food donations, and tell your friends!
• ‘Like’ us on Facebook.
• Volunteers to assist at the open house or make cookies and treats to serve. Please contact me if interested.
• Consider hosting a food drive at your work or neighborhood. More info will be sent later as we develop a plan for these.
Any questions, let us know!
Tom, Jennevieve, Deborah