Journey’s Food Bank is an integral part of who we are as a church. Through the Food Bank, we touch lives in our community — lots and lots of lives.
Did you know that Journey’s Food Bank:
- Distributes more than 4,000 items of non-perishable food items each month?
- Delivers food monthly to the doors of seniors living at Guava Gardens Senior Apartments?
- Delivers food monthly to seniors at the Mission Gorge Senior Mobile Home Park?
- Provides food daily to persons who come to Journey seeking help?
- Distributes food to more than 100 families twice a month?
- Distributes produce to more than 100 families once a month?
That’s a lot of food for a lot of families!
Where does all of that food come from, you ask? Well, more and more, it is coming from outside sources – the San Diego Food Bank gives us all of the produce we distribute; Heavens Window provides us with lots of perishable items; and a lot of our food we purchase, at greatly reduced prices, from the SD Food Bank.
How can you help? Well, there are several opportunities! You can be a part of one of our “teams” — food distribution; produce distribution; senior delivery; inventory; produce pick-up; Heavens Window and Food Bank pick ups; and so on. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Most importantly, you can donate food. Journey’s Food Bank is a gift to the community! The food you provide feeds adults and children in need. Please consider giving regularly! It’s simple to do — just drop off your non-perishable items in the bins outside the church office on Sunday or any day of the week. Click here for a list of accepted donations.
Thanks For All You Do!