Join us this October for a weekend full of connection, worship, and FUN! This is a weekend you won’t want to miss! This is an amazing bonding experience that helps set the tone for the whole year.
This is only gender-specific retreat we do all year.
DATES: October 25-27, 2019
DROP OFF TIME : Friday, Oct 25th @ 3:00pm
RETURNING: Sunday, October 27th, afternoon, Guys: approx. 3:00pm.
**UPDATED** LADIES Pick up is approx. 12pm
WHERE TO DROP OFF/ PICKUP: In front of Encounter
Ladies are staying at a beautiful Oceanside mansion beach house on the water! Does it get more relaxing?
Guys are camping at Senator’s Wash for a weekend of hiking, boating, swimming, and more!
$99 per student
Sign up today!
We have a lot of families that cannot afford to send their child.
Want to help get a teen there?
Are you a family in need of financial help to get your child(ren) to camp? Please complete this application for assistance as soon as possible.
GUYS CAMP INFO
Squaw Lake Campground and Boat Launch
Campground #: (928) 317-3200
Senator Wash Rd, Winterhaven, CA 92283
You’ll be heading to Senators Wash, near Colorado River’s natural borderline of California and Arizona. We’ll tent camp, swim, go boating, tubing and play in the lake, hike, eat like kings, and think deeply about what it means to “walk with God” and deepen our friendships as men and mentors. Bonfires. Team Building challenges and slingshot paintball! This is not a retreat that you want to miss.
Step 1 …
Step 2 …
Step 3 …
Step 4 …
GUYS RETREAT PACKING LIST
GUYS FALL RETREAT INFO & PACKING LIST
FOOD AND TRAVEL AND SUCH:
- We have adult drivers and carpool in trucks and trailers to Senators Wash, Winterhaven, CA. We have shade, a meeting tent, a full kitchen, emergency gear, and enough food and water to keep a small army sustained for the best weekend of manhood, connecting with God, and fun you’ve had in a long time.
MANDATORY PACKING LIST- ACTUALLY READ this list and use it like a check off sheet!!! DO NOT SKIP OR SKIM THIS LIST!!!
- Sleeping bag/pillow.
- Clothes that you can get dirty. Don’t bring your Sunday best to this trip!
- Weather: High 80’s expected during the day- mid 50’s at night.
- You’ll want something warm at night. Might even want a beanie to sleep in and some sweats depending on your sleeping bag and how warm you want to be
- CLOSED TOED SHOES AND FLIP FLOPS
- BATHING SUIT (WE WILL BE SWIMMING A LOT)
- FLASHLIGHT: No electricity means no lights. YOU NEED A FLASHLIGHT or better yet, a headlamp.
- FOLDING LAWN CHAIR
- WATER BOTTLE you can easily refill. wide mouth is best.
- HOT WATER CUP you can use for coffee or hot cocoa or cider
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
- The balance of any $ you have not turned it in yet.
OPTIONAL AND CAN BE HELPFUL, BUT NOT MANDATORY TO BRING
- Sunglasses, sun screen, hat.
- Water floaty
- Simple sleeping mat or cot
- Pocket knife
- A multi tool if you have one!
DO NOT BRING:
- Electronics. Enjoy the desert and leave your electronics at home. No- your cell won’t work there.
- You will not need spending money. There’s nowhere in the desert to spend it and we don’t stop there or on the way home
- Your pet iguana, it will run away and live there for forever.
LADIES CAMP INFO
DESTINATION: Oceanside Beach House
Join us on this incredible weekend of Life change where we will be overlooking the beach. Come get away with us for an all girls weekend, a time of connection, worship, fun, and fellowship.
Step 1 …
Step 2 …
Step 3 …
Step 4 …
GIRLS PACKING LIST
GIRLS RETREAT PACKING LIST
You will need:
- Clothes for 2 days. It will be in the high 70s and mostly sunny during the days and mid-high 50’s at night. – that means a light jacket will be good to have but usual San Diego attire will work just fine.
- Bathroom/Toiletries for 2 days
- Bathing Suit – for beach and jacuzzi. There will be plenty of time to enjoy them!
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Optional: $$ for random coffee runs.
You do NOT need:
- BEDDING – The Beach House Provides the beds and bedding for you, but an extra throw blanket is recommended!!
- ELECTRONICS – I know it’s scary, but I promise it will be worth it. Leave your ipod, ipad, phone, computer, Gameboy, Walkman…etc at home. If you do bring it, will will have specific times when phones go in baskets.
- WEAPONS of any kind.