Get the latest Regathering info including ticket info and what to expect
July 5 Statement regarding singing
UPDATE: Regathering Plan
We want to provide the latest update on our plan for regathering in person. No matter where we’re at, all of us long to gather together again at some point. We know there are all different thoughts on this, but we are all in this together. We want our church and our people to be a place of unity. We are working on a three phase approach to physically regather as a church body that we feel will be honoring to all.
PHASE 1: Our Current Phase
- We will continue our church online presence with digital resources and worship experiences for you to watch at home. Starting this week, June 7, our Weekly Worship Service will move to Sundays only, LIVE at 9 am. We will continue streaming the message online at 11 am and then as always — on demand (available on our website, app and YouTube.) There is much to be done in phase 1 to get us ready to welcome our people back on to our campus. Therefore, we will continue to worship online-only (not in person) through June 28.
PHASE 2: Regather
- In compliance with the current CDC guidelines for places of worship, we will begin to gather together in person on the weekend of July 3 & 5 with capacity limitations.
- During this phase we will offer a NEW service — Family Church on Friday evenings at 6 pm in the Main Auditorium. This is geared toward families with kids from 5 – 12 years old. We are creating an experience that will be engaging and most importantly gets our families talking more about their life with Jesus. We know this time has been especially hard on our families and we want to honor you by creating a space for you and your kiddos to worship! (This service will also be available via livestream.)
- Then, on Sundays we will offer two service times, at 9 am and 11 am in the Main Auditorium. These are adult services. We know our kiddos need a little more grace and space, so we are creating a space for you to view and worship with us from the Plaza Room. During this time, our Kids Area will remain closed. (These services will also be available via livestream.)
- Encounter (our high school ministry) will meet on Sundays at 11am.
- Riptide (our junior high ministry) will meet on Sundays at 11am.
We will be offering tickets online for each of these venues.
For Family Friday Nights and Sunday services, there will be limited seating — tickets will be required. Tickets will be available on our website at 7am on Wednesdays for the upcoming weekend (beginning July 1.)
There will be more detailed information as we get closer. This plan will take us into the summer.
PHASE 3: Our Next New Season
- We will fully gather in person sometime in the future. We will continue to exercise appropriate precautions, but we plan for our kids and additional student ministries to resume at this time.
We will continue our online services throughout all of our phases as our desire is to keep all of us at Journey worshiping — as we make our way back to our Gathering Experience.
This is a quick overview and we will have many more details online as they are developed.
Thank you for your support. SAFE, UNIFYING & EFFECTIVE. Let’s stay together!
Our mission at Journey is “Helping ordinary people disconnected from God access the depth of life ‘with God’ through Jesus Christ.” This has never been more true than today. Each one of us plays a part in making this happen, even in the midst of COVID-19. As we learn more about the virus, it’s imperative we care for others as well as each other.
Below is a listing of updates and resources we know at this point. We will update it as necessary. Expand each section for more information.
- Weekend services are now available in-person with limited capacities, and online via livestream
- A Friday Night Family service has been added, it is geared towards families with kids ages 5 – 12
- The Journey Food Bank distributions remain OPEN (See Community Resources below)
- The Twice Treasured Thrift Store will open beginning Wednesday, June 3 with limited hours*. Store hours: Wednesday through Saturday 11 am – 6 pm. Donations accepted Wednesday, Friday and Saturday only from 11 am – 3 pm. *Hours subject to change.
- The Church office is closed temporarily to in-person visits, however our phone lines remain open 619-464-4544. Our email address is email@example.com.
You can also find updates and stay connected via social media and the Journey app.
Weekend Services are available online
Our weekend services are available online:
• Website: journeycommunitychurch.com/live
• YouTube: www.youtube.com/journeycommunitychurch
The Friday Night family service will livestream at 6 pm and Sunday services will go live at 9 am and 11 am.
There are opportunities to engage on all platforms through chat for discussion, connection and encouragement. The website version also has resources such as Notes to follow along with, an Online Bible, and the ability to ask for Prayer. If you prefer fewer distractions, there are ways to watch it without the chat feature on a TV for example. More info >
Once the service time is over, the video is available to watch on-demand on YouTube: www.youtube.com/journeycommunitychurch and will be available to watch in our app and website (usually by Sunday afternoon).
How to Connect to a Live Weekend Experience
Livestream and YouTube plus ways to stream the service on your TV.
Food Bank & Community Resources
JOURNEY FOOD BANK is still operating during normal distributions, as scheduled.
The first Thursday of the month at 6:00 PM
The second Friday of the month at 9:00 AM
The third Saturday of the month at 8:30 AM and
The Fourth Thursday of the month at 6:00 PM.
We also have a Senior Distribution that takes place on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Bring ID to show proof that you are 62 or older.
All our distributions have shifted to drive through service. Please remain in your car and follow directives from the Food Bank personnel. We will provide pre-packed bags only. Please arrive on time, because once the line has been helped, the Food Bank distribution will close.
More Food Bank info & location >
SCHOOL MEAL PROGRAM
Summer Feeding Programs in San Diego County
STATE AND COUNTY RESOURCES
Check out our Generations webpage for the latest updates and subscribe to our newsletter.
Adult Classes and Groups
Find out about Midweek online classes or events.
Visit our events page for more information.
ZOOM Small Groups — Groups are meeting online to connect, discuss the message and pray.
Want to be in a ZOOM group? Contact Heather firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Recovery Group Meetings Online — During this season of uncertainty, we have online, open recovery group meetings every morning and every evening. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Many of our Care Groups will be meeting online during this season of uncertainty. For general information about receiving care, please email our Care Pastor at Chris@journeycom.org .
Volunteer & Donation Opportunities
JOURNEY FOOD BANK has been assisting needy families for more than 10 years. In 2018 alone, the Bank provided fruits, vegetables and non-perishable items to 5,162 families, 700 seniors, and 531 homeless individuals. The Food Bank holds distributions 4 days each month, serving 100 to 150 families at each.
How You Can Help!
We need volunteers!
- 1st Thursday of each Month – arrive at 5 p.m.
- 2nd Friday of each month – arrive at 8 a.m.
- 3rd Saturday of each month – arrive at 7:30 a.m.
- 4th Thursday of each month – arrive at 5 p.m.
We can use your help! You can join in as often as you like. Each distribution takes about 2 hours.
Donations of non perishable items may be dropped off in the bins in front of the Journey office, Tuesday through Friday, 9 am – 3 pm.
Two times each month, the JCC Food Program holds a Seniors-Only Distribution, the purpose of which is to prevent seniors from having to stand in line for an hour or longer.
To sign up to help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
HOPE FOR THE HOMELESS
Since May of 2003, participants in Hope For The Homeless have been on the streets of San Diego every Friday night, serving food, making acquaintances, and praying with our friends.
The group meets at 5 pm, makes 400+ PB&J sandwiches and heads downtown to hang out with the homeless.
For information, please contact David Merk at 619.464.4544.
We’re living in very trying times and all indications are that it’s going to get worse. A lot of friends/neighbors/workmates/church mates are experiencing financial hardship. If you are able, please consider donating to the JCC Benevolence Fund (Chris Rader – 619.464.4544).
SHARP HEALTHCARE — What to donate / What not to donate
Find out about giving online and watch an instructional video