Sorry this is so far past the weekend. I’ve been at our annual staff huddle for the past 3 days & although it is a uber nice place, I had trouble getting on line. So here it is.
I know this is getting a little redundant but we had an incredible weekend at Journey. I got home about 5:00 on Sunday thanking God for the privilege of being a part of it. (Of course my mood soon soured as I watched the Lakers go down 0-2 to the evil Celtics).
• SERVICES – I was blown away at how powerful the service was. When I stood up to begin the message it was almost like I had to say something. What came to me on Friday & I said at all 3 services was, “it feels like we’ve just been on a rollercoaster ride”. I of course meant this in a good way. But it was SO powerful. There was RELENTLESS FOCUS – the songs, the dance, the videos kept leading us to GRACE.
• MESSAGE – I am so inspired by this movie & loved working on this message. May God make us, make me, like those radicals – Clarkson, Wilberforce, Equiano, Marianne Thornton.
• GARY HAUGAN VIDEO – I can’t wait to hear him speak at the Leadership Summit.
• BAPTISM – I don’t exaggerate when I say that this is one of the top days of the year for me. There were so many great stories. I love how many of us showed up at the beach to cheer & support & share in moment. I’ve come to believe that being there, laying hands on the people and praying like we do, is sacramental at some level – grace from God flows to us as we participate in this act of obedience.
• A GREAT STORY IN THE AGUA – One of the moments that I will not soon forget was when we were almost done baptizing people & Kathryn came out. She has recently come to Journey (in the last year or so). She had a crew that came with her. Ralph helped me baptize her. He was baptized about a year ago. With Ralph, Tanya came out, she & her husband Keith brought Ralph & his family. Then there was Kathryn’s husband who just started coming recently. He wasn’t getting baptized… next time ☺ It doesn’t get much better!