Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000205 EndHTML:0000008638 StartFragment:0000003692 EndFragment:0000008602 SourceURL:file://localhost/Users/ed/Documents/My%20Documents/Blog/AUGUST%202009%20BLOG%20POSTS.doc
This month at Journey we have been in a series on prayer cleverly titled: PRAYER! From day one our vision for this series was that it would be PARTICIPATIVE! As I’ve said in each service, it would be more about what happens between weekends. We’ve already seen the prayer temp starting to rise & Journey & I don think that a lot of people are “trying on a new normal.”
Well starting Sunday we are kicking it up a notch with a WEEK OF PRAYER! Here’s what that looks like & then I’ll share what I’d love to see from YOU!
- SOAK – this week’s message will look at a part of prayer that a lot of people called “soaking”. Soaking in the presence of God. That is fitting b/c this is one of the main ways to kick things to a new normal.
- SELAH – Sunday night we will have our EXTENDED WORSHIP & PRAYER gathering called Selah. The word is in the Psalms & it means something like, “pause” or “musical interlude.” It’s a great time to have a minimally agended time to be with the Lord & worship, seek & pray.
- PRAYER MEETINGS MONDAY – THRUSDAY – every night we’ll have a prayer gathering at 7:00 p.m. They will each have a different flavor.
- 24/7 WALL OF PRAYER – we are seeking this week to have continuous prayer going up from Journey. We are breaking the week up into 1-HOUR SEGMENTS that people are signing up for.
- FASTING – we are encouraging everyone to pick a day or 2 this week & abstain from food for the purpose of seeking God.
Lots of stuff. I know you probably can’t do all of this, but I’d love for you to get a piece of each part of our week of prayer. I think it would be great if you came to all the meetings (I’ll be at all of them) but do what you can, JUST GET A PIECE OF IT!
HERE’S WHAT I PRAY THAT EVERY JOURNEY-ITE WOULD DO:
– Fast 2 of the meals on one of the days of next week.
– Show up to one evening prayer gathering
– Try an hour of prayer – see what it would be like to press in for an hour, to persist & prevail!
Hebrews 11:6 says that God is a “rewarder of those that diligently seek Him.” Well what’s the reward?
Wait for it….
GOD – YOU GET GOD! How cool is that when you seek Him, he let’s you find Him. (See 1 Chronicles 28:9)
I’m looking forward to seeking Him with you next week. I need it! I think we need it. We need HIM!