For me, weekends are at least in feel, a Friday – Monday affair. They really are the center of my week every week & they seem to come on me fast & go by even faster. I’m sitting in my living room at the end of this one.
It was another great Journey weekend. Here are some of my reflections:
• 3 GOOD SERVICES ALL DIFFERENT – Each of the services were amazing in individual ways. I really sensed God wanted to break some strongholds in the area of bitterness. As I prepped for the message, I thought how mind-boggling it was that Joseph never gave into bitterness & how different the story of his life would have been if he did. How many of us have missed something that God wanted to give because of our own bitterness?
• THIS IS CHURCH MOMENT – I asked some of our prayer team peeps to come early on Sunday morning to pray for Al & his brain tumor. He was scheduled for surgery to remove it on Tuesday. About 7 high impact prayers showed up. Several of them had Words from God. They all clearly came ready & all felt like they were to battle this. During the prayer time, several people felt burning heat as they touched the place the tumor was (is?). One of our prayer people was shaking so badly (just so you know, she’s not the shaking type ☺). When we got done there were lots of tears, lots of “I love you”s, hugs. I got done with saying to myself, “this is church!” (Another Hybles axiom). I also thought it’s so sad that some people don’t experience things like this, that there’s some people that are not part of “the church”. THANKS JESUS FOR INCLUDING ME IN THIS THING YOU’VE INCLUDING ME!
• AIN’T NOTHING BUT A HOUSE PARTY! (Anyone know the band this alludes to?) On Saturday we hosted a party for about 30 people to say a huge “THANK YOU” to those who sacrificed & busted tail to make our daughter Charassa’s wedding happen. It would never have worked without them. Suzie, who worked with Linda for MONTHS, said she liked it & felt cared for. I sincerely pray that this was true of every single person who was there. It was a very fun night for us.
• FUN SURFING WITH OLD FRIENDS – This weekend I surfed again with 2 old friends. First of all the guy I’ve probably surfed with the longest finally got his… um… self, back into the agua. Than I finally got my favorite board fixed & back from the shop – it’s my Walden Magic Performance Long Board! It’s a wave magnet, but seems to get dinged a lot & has some delamination in the foam so it’s days are limited, but it’s still the best surfing board I have.
• FINALLY SOME JOY IN MUDVILLE – It’s 10:00 & finally the Chargers have a win! I was warned by many a SD native when I came here not to become a Charger fan – “they will break your heart!” I couldn’t help it. The Bears are in the NFC. Trent Dilfer is retired; I’ve long since abandoned the LA jilting Rams. Well after serious injustice last week (seriously, it was an outrage) the Bolts are finally off the schnide. Also in the baseball world (which I don’t care about till the fall) the Cubs, Angels & Dodgers are all headed for the post season.