Update Thursday, March 19, 2020
Please visit our Updates and Resources webpage for more information on church services, group life, generation ministries, community resources and serving opportunities.
Update Saturday, March 14, 2020
We’re taking this moment by moment, hour by hour. After much consideration & prayer we have decided it best we do church ONLINE ONLY. After listening to our President and taking a look at what’s happening in our own county, we want to do our part in helping our community slow the spread of COVID-19.
Join us ONLINE tomorrow and we’ll do church. Tune in at our regular service times 9am & 11am. Connect here: https://journeycommunitychurch.com/live/
And keep checking back for updates!
Update Friday, March 13, 2020. 4PM
As we mentioned – things continue to change. Here’s our update:
- We will meet tonight (Friday, March 13, 2020) in the Main Auditorium, the first 249. If we have more, we’ll add another 150 in the Plaza Room.
- Our Kids Ministries will be online only. Look for a message or link from the Generations Team. Kids are welcome in the main auditorium.
- We are being CAREFUL not FEARFUL. We love you guys like crazy and are being responsible.
- This is a great time to join us online, maybe grab a friend who wouldn’t normally “go” to church. https://journeycommunitychurch.com/live/
Update Thursday, March 12, 2020
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Hey Journey Family,
I hope this email finds you well during these crazy times! With all the news regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) I want to update you on what’s happening at Journey. Please read through the entire email as it contains detailed plans to keep you and our campus safe.
Information continues to flow in at a rapid rate. At this time the San Diego County Health Officials have mandated canceling gatherings of 250 or more. To be in compliance we at Journey will remain open and continue to have services on Friday night and Sunday mornings (including our kid’s programs) HOWEVER we will be limiting our seating in the Main Auditorium to 250. We will open the Plaza Room for another 150 and we will have space in The Corner Room for another 50. In the event that local and state health officials do require closure or we determine it is in the best interest of our church family to close, we will inform everyone to the best of our abilities through our website, emails and social media in how we will gather for weekend services online only.
If you are feeling sick or elect to stay home, please join us online!
The weekend services are available online at https://journeycommunitychurch.com/live/
While we cannot control the virus, we are doing everything we can to keep our campus as safe & clean as possible and limit the impact it has on our community. We appreciate your cooperation and commitment to help us do just that. Here are some things we are committed to doing:
- We will increase our efforts to regularly sanitize highly touched surfaces such as doors, handles, tables, water fountains, sinks and check-in areas.
- Our staff and volunteers will wash their hands frequently and stay home if they are sick.
- We have antibacterial soap in all bathrooms and encourage all our people to wash their hands frequently.
- We will NOT pass offering bags during service. We are asking all of our attendees to use our offering boxes in the main auditorium, online giving, including the Journey APP!
- In our Generations area all rooms are being wiped down before, between and after service and all students are getting hand sanitizer before and after service. Additionally, we are following our standard procedure of not admitting any child who has shown evidence of fever, vomiting, or diarrhea within the last 24 hours.
To help to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, as well as COVID-19 and the flu, you can help by following these important tips & educating yourself with information from CDC:
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with people when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Let’s skip shaking hands or other physical contact at church. A wave or a smile is just as friendly and welcoming!
- Get in the habit of NOT touching your face; especially avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces – like remote controls, your mobile device, computer keyboards, and other electronics.
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should call a medical professional for evaluation.
- If you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know so we can find a way to help, pray for everyone involved, and take any necessary precautions.
The uncertainty of this outbreak is creating anxiety in our workplaces and day-to-day activities. Yet we know God’s still on the throne. Please join us in praying for those who are affected by this illness, as well as their caregivers and those who are working around the clock to minimize the impact of this virus.
In the Message, Philippians 4:6-7 states: “Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.”
Questions or Concerns
If you have questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our services can be found on the livestream:
Friday@7PM – https://vimeo.com/event/10113
Sunday@9AM – https://vimeo.com/event/10186
Sunday@11AM – https://vimeo.com/event/10187
Or on Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/journeycc/
In the meantime, I hope you will join us at one of our weekend services and please wash your hands!
Lead Pastor, Journey Community Church